We have updated our platform to allow vehicle owners to withdraw money directly from the vehicle Sendy account through our Partner Portal. Previously, only drivers could withdraw money from the partner app. This will enable Vehicle owners to better manage their drivers as well as finances.
There are two phases to this new feature. The first is owners can withdraw funds from the partner portal directly onto their M-Pesa account. An owner simply has to use the following steps:
- Go to his statements page to view the amount of money earned by all drivers under his/her account
- Click the withdraw button. A pop up with the owner’s number will show up.
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw. Note that M-Pesa Transaction limits (Kes 70,000 per transaction and Kes 140,000 per day)
- Submit amount. A statement will pop up showing the amount and M-Pesa transaction cost.
- You will receive an M-Pesa confirmation message reflecting the amount you entered on your M-Pesa balance.
The second part of this new feature lets owners move money directly into their bank accounts. This feature allows owners to add up to 3 bank accounts to their Sendy account.
To add these accounts, you need to navigate to the Bank Accounts page and click on the add bank account button. To enhance security owners will receive a validation code on SMS to ensure it is them adding the accounts. All requests to add bank accounts have to be approved by our operations team first. Once approved, the accounts will be visible on a pop up when you are withdrawing funds.
To streamline the withdrawal process, we have separated the withdrawal days for different vehicles. Motorcycles will be able to withdraw funds from their Sendy accounts every Saturday. Trucks, Pickups and Vans will be able to withdraw funds every Friday. Trailers can withdraw their funds every two weeks.
By the Product Team